- City Departments
- Public Works
Both trash and recyclables are scheduled to be picked up on the same day. Place your recyclables in the same location as your trash pickup. To distiguish it from regular trash place about 10 – 15 feet away. Recycled items may also be taken to the Fredonia Recycling Center at your convenience. If after hours or on weekends building in back is open.
During regular hours, a shredder is available for recycling personal papers.
Items to be recycled
- Junk mail
- Plastic containers: 1- 7 only, please rinse and remove lids
- Books/Phone Books/Office Waste/Shredded Paper
- E-Waste (Computers, Scanners, Copiers, and Ink/Toner Cartridges)
- Appliances (Microwaves, Dryers, dishwashers, Water Heaters, Washers, and Stoves)
- Car Batteries
- Household Batteries
- Steel cans: Please rinse out
- Aluminum cans: Flatten if possible, but not necessary
- Cardboard: UPS boxes, appliance boxes, product boxes without liners, pizza boxes, egg cartons, etc.
- Glass: Please remove lid (No Ceramics, Pottery, Filmed Glass, Windshields, or Light Bulbs
- Cereal Boxes, Cracker Boxes, etc.
- Clothing: Take to thrift shop if in wearable condition.
- Motor oil at city shop during business hour only 7-4 Monday through Friday for city residents only.
Items NOT to be recycled
- Plastic coated cardboard
- Aerosol cans
- Waxed cardboard
- Packing peanuts
- Paint cans (will be picked up twice a year during clean up week)
- Hazardous materials
- Building materials (will be picked up twice a year during clean up week)
- Bubble Wrap
- Paper Towels/Paper Plates
- Tin Foil - Pie Pans
- Aluminum cat food cans
- Any can Not magnetic
- Candy Wrappers
- Wrapping Paper
- Light bulbs
- Old Cell Phones
- Lawn Mower batteries
- DVD/VCR Players
- Telephones/Cell Phones